Most of us love to entertain guests. When our dear friends and relatives visit us, we spend a good time in the company of our favourite people. But there’s one guest that nobody will ever think of letting them inside– rats. No matter where you live, even if it’s a highly urbanized area, rat infestation is a common problem inside properties. Rats are powerful creatures for two reasons – firstly, they have the potential to spread harmful diseases like plague, leptospirosis, hantavirus fever and others. Secondly, they have an excellent gnawing ability. Rodents like rats have numerous small teeth and their bite is so strong that they can chew through almost everything! Can you imagine the widespread damage they can cause to your property? For this reason, as soon as you spot rats in your home, you should book professional rat control services in Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore to get rid of them effectively.
Why are rats so good at chewing?
Rodents are born with amazing chewing talent. In fact, rodent behaviour itself is characterised by their chewing expertise. But why do they chew so much? Because that’s the way they maintain their teeth. You can say, continuous chewing and biting is an integral part of rodent dental care. When they’re in the wild, rats usually chew bark and twigs but in cities, they have access to a wide variety of easy to chew stuff like construction materials.
As per the scientific study conducted at the University of Liverpool, it has been found that rats have the most powerful bite compared to other rodents. In addition, rats adopt a different mechanism of chewing; they use their front teeth to gnaw and back teeth to chew, that is, they can do both gnawing and chewing. However, other rodents like squirrels or guinea pigs are experts in either gnawing or chewing. This is why, rats can chew away through a great number of robust materials.
Did you know? Several researches have revealed that rats have specially adapted muscles that enhance their chewing and gnawing abilities. Like humans, rats have evolved too and over the years, their acclimatization to our urban setting makes them highly successful as a pest. So, if you don’t want rats to take charge of your furniture, electronic devices, clothes, shoes and food, hire rat control services in Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore. The pest control experts are well-versed with the best techniques to exterminate rats from your building efficiently.
Things a Rat Can Chew:
“For dust you are and to dust you will return”, this is exactly what rats do to your home. When it comes to reducing a wide variety of household items to tatters, nothing can beat the power of a rat. These rodents can chew through:
- Vinyl, sheetrock
Is there anything rats cannot chew?
Rats can chew through almost anything but there are a few items they can’t bite into, no matter how hard they try! The list includes hard metal, solid concrete, thick plastic and stone.
Best Ways to Rodent-Proof Your Home:
1. Opt for rat-proof flooring: Rats are unlikely to enter your home when you have metal tiling, stone or solid concrete flooring.
2. Clean regularly: Rats are attracted to food and water. Make sure your kitchen has no food crumbs, spills and leftover food in the cooking utensils.
3. Maintain strict food hygiene: Store food properly in tight containers. Refrigerate the perishables and store non-perishables in sealed containers.
4. Manage trash correctly: Besides disposing of food waste in sealed bags, clear your kitchen trash regularly and keep the lids closed securely.
5. Hire professional pest control services in Bangalore or elsewhere: The professional rat control experts can identify the entry points in your building, block these points, holes and gaps and monitor various parts of the building for rodent activity. This is followed by the elimination of existing rats by employing the baiting and trapping methods.
PESTICO – We Offer the Best Rat control services in Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore
Rats can multiply in a very short span of time. Two rats can populate 1250 numbers in a year. Rather two rats can populate half a billion in three years. Also you can see www.jcehrlich.com/rats/ for more details. Hence, no sooner than you notice signs of rat infestation, you’re strongly advised to book PESTICO’s rat control services in Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore. We use govt. approved chemicals and solutions to exterminate rats from your property. Our expert rat control methods include baiting and trapping to control existing rats. Our services also come with rodent infestation prevention treatment. To know more, call @ 7595825131