One of the common problems of Indian households is termites. While there are many home remedies for termites, very few people are aware of the same. You can consider wood to be a popular product in Indian homes, both for the exterior and interior of a house. When there are wood products in a house, the possibility of termite infestation is more likely.
You need to know that termites are destructive and they can lead to damage in a short time span. Due to this, termite control services are needed to make sure that the wooden fittings and furniture are safe. Remember that it can grow in multiple other regions apart from wood. Therefore, if you want to know how to get rid termites, you need to know the home remedies to kill termites. This article will educate you about the natural home remedies for killing termites and getting rid of them permanently.
Getting Rid Of Termites On Wooden Products
Wood is one of the common materials in Indian households that is quite prone to termite infestation if you do not take care of it properly. Here are some natural remedies for termites in wooden structures.
Use Boric Acid
If you are searching for a non procedure on killing termites, then you should use boric acid. Make a solution from water and borax powder and spread in the areas infested by termites. After some applications, you will see that you are solving the maximum problem by natural home remedies. There is a possibility of improvement of your results by regular sun exposure.
One of the common solutions to prevent termite infestation in your home is daily sunlight exposure. It is the best home treatment for termites because darkness and moisture are perfect conditions for termites to live for a long time. Make sure to allow your furniture constant exposure to sun rays for 2 to 3 days when it comes to hardwood furniture.
Termites will be incapable of withstanding the heat and they will die quickly. It is one of the common processes that also helps with the elimination of moisture from your wooden furniture and prevents the infection spreading. The process is pretty simple and productive and you can call it to be one of the best home remedies to kill termites.
Termite Treatment By Oil
Neem and orange oils are 100% effective in killing termite like other home remedies. When these oils come in contact with termites, a chemical release, known as d-limonene, kills termites quickly. If the termites happen to consume the oil, the action starts then and there. For best results, continuous spraying or pouring these oils on the infested regions. If you are looking for a procedure to kill termites safely at home, you can try this procedure.
Preventing Termites In Furniture And Wall
These home remedies for termites are helpful for termite elimination from wood furniture. However, termites may also affect other furniture and walls in your home. These additional steps can come in handy to you:
● Ensure that your furniture is never exposed to any kind of moisture.
● You need to get professional termite control services and treatments done if you reside near the coastal area.
● Make sure to invest in good quality wooden polish and apply through a professional to all the wooden furniture in your home.
● Ensure to apply Aloe Vera gel to the wooden furniture in your home once in every month to help it work as a protective covering.
● Eliminate any unnecessary wooden items from your house because they can be the breeding grounds for termites.
Other than your regular furniture, termites can also damage the walls in your home. Use these remedies if there is a termite infestation in your home walls:
● You can use vinegar for killing termite in multiple ways. Make sure to dilute vinegar in lemon juice or water because it is one of the best natural remedies for termites. Make sure to spray the solution on the areas where you suspect termites to be hiding. Make sure to repeat the process for 2 to 3 days and reapply the process if termites are still visible. Later, you can call the professionals for termite control solutions.
● White vinegar is one of the proven methods to get rid of these creatures. You can make a mixture of lemon juice and white vinegar and keep it in a container. Take one part of vinegar and two parts of lemon. Continue to spray the mixture on your potted plants or on the soil everyday until you get rid of flying termites.
● You can also invest in an insecticidal soap that helps in damaging the respiratory system of termites. Being one of the best natural remedies for termites, you can use this solution in a spray bottle and mix the water and soap to spray on the termites after every 2 to 3 days until you kill all of them.
● Cayenne pepper is also a successful remedy that can help you kill termites. It contains capsaicin, which helps in destroying the nervous system of termites and instantly kills them. Spray the pepper powder directly on termites or you can mix it with water, vegetable oil and paper powder to create your own spray. Repeat the process once in 7 days to eliminate termite permanently.
These are some of the best options for home treatment for termites. Other than these, you can always depend on Pestico as our professionals are experts in permanent termite elimination when your home remedies don’t work.